Saturday, November 20, 2010

5 Days of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for my husband's extended family.

He has Aunts, Uncles, cousins, who are all relatively close in age.  They have grown up together, and his family is just amazing.

I was really worried when I met some of the cousins, for fear that they had been told how "evil" I was.  Instead, they have all been very welcoming, and have taken the time to get to know me, instead of assuming things about me.  They have accepted me as "family" and they allow me to spoil their children as if I had always been a part of the family.  I have really gotten to know several of them, we "chat" on facebook often, and I'm thankful that they see me as family instead of as the wife of family.

I'm thankful that I married someone who has a large family, and that his extended family is as wonderful as they are.  I would love for them all to live in the same city as I do, and get to seem them on a more regular basis than we have.  I'm thankful that the time we do share with them is precious and valued by all of us, and allows us to make great memories, and goofy pictures.

~Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown



~When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers



~You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu



~The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.  ~Kendall Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...