Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2 Days of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful that I am almost done writing these posts.  Today, I'm thankful that I can write these posts.

Today I'm thankful for our government and our politicians. 

I'm not saying that I agree with every choice and decision that they make, and I complain frequently about their harebrained schemes.  Thankfully, I live in a country where I can complain, and protest, and write about what a crappy job they are doing on my blog and not worry about persecution. 

I can drive to Starbucks and order my overpriced latte and I don't have to have a man with me, or be completely covered.  I can wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt and I don't have to worry about repercussions, other than sunburn.  I

Yes, our government and politicians need a lot of work.  A complete overhaul.  But, it is better than some places, and today I'm thankful that I live in a country where I can honor those who have fought and died for my freedoms, for my right to wear shorts, and to go to Starbucks for the overpriced latte.  That I have the right to complain and live my life with freedoms that we, as Americans, take for granted.  I often wonder, do we realize how lucky we really are?

~Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason. ~Author Unknown



~I think it's about time we voted for senators with breasts.  After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough.  ~Clarie Sargent  
 
~George Washington is the only president who didn't blame the previous administration for his troubles. ~Author Unknown



~ Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide. ~Napoleon Bonaparte


~Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. ~Thomas Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...