Friday, November 26, 2010

5 Question Friday

I went shopping with the rest of the people in West Texas at Midnight last night.  It was a unique experience.  One I hope I never have to do again.  My husband and I are exhausted, but today we are going back for more.  But not much, some of today's activities involve errands.  Yuck!



Enjoy Today's Thanksgiving Theme!

1. What is your favorite part of a Thanksgiving meal?


I don't really have a favorite part.  My grandmother usually cooks and she does an amazing job.  She is an amazing cook year round.  I think that the best part, is just spending the day with my family.  Some of whom we don't see as often as I would like too.

2. Are you a host or a guest for Thanksgiving this year?

Always a guest.  My grandmother does Thanksgiving, and on any typical year there are 16-25 people in her house.  My mom and I usually offer to make something, and I usually make cookies.  But this year I skipped out, I have just been so busy with work and school that I didn't want to add to the stress.  Or our waistlines by making thousands of cookies.

3. When you think of one Thanksgiving tradition, what comes to mind?

I don't guess that we really have any die-hard traditions for the day.  Usually after lunch the "boys" go out to the farm and target practice and talk guns.  This year some of the family skipped out on the festivities and went to a Dallas Cowboy's football game.  But we still love them.  Even though they went.  And they didn't even invite me.  But it's OK.  I'll try to keep that in mind when I buy their lumps of coal Christmas presents.

4. You have two pieces of pie in front of you and you HAVE to eat one...do you choose pumpkin or pecan?

PECAN!!!  I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, unless it's the recipe that I make.  But pecan pie.  Oh my.  The oowey, gooey wonderfulness.  And I like mine straight up.  No whipped cream, no nothing.  Just pecans and goo. 

5. Are you a Black Friday Shopper?

Not if I can help it.  I am one of those people who has their Christmas shopping done in July.  But I'm a little behind this year.  I only lack 5 gifts.  Two of which are generic for a party.  So it's not so bad.  The only Black Friday Shopping I do, is usually something my husband and I want for ourselves.  This year, we took care of each other's gifts, although, we are getting them today.  We know what they are, no point in waiting a month while they sit under the tree.  I have bought TVs, DVD players, stereos, computers, and video game accessories.  I have never bought Black Friday Gifts, for someone other than myself or my husband.
 
 
Thanks Mama!  I'm off to do a little more shopping, pick up some fabric for a couple of aprons.  Then I'm staying at home and hibernating until I go back to work on Monday.  Read more about my Black Friday shopping adventures on Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...