Friday, November 19, 2010

5 Question Friday


The last few weeks have been crazy busy, and apparently they aren't going to be slowing down any time soon.  Got a lot planned this weekend.  Hoping to go furniture shopping as a store here will be closing soon, and I love cheap - good quality furniture!  Going to a little town outside my hometown, where they just happen to be filming an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  Then a Parade of Home Tour to look at some houses that have been recently built that the builders are desperate to get rid of.  Plus the usual grocery shopping and gearing up for Thanksgiving! 

Without further ado, here is this weeks installment of 5 Question Friday!

1. What Christmas song do you loathe?


Actually I love Christmas music.  Yeah there are a few songs that I could live without, but it's been so long (like last year) since I have heard them that I can't remember.  I actually listen to some Christmas music all year round.  I just can't live without my dose of "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan" by Kenny Chesney, because let's face it, I could use a good tan all year long.  Do the words pasty white mean anything to you?

2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?

Both.  We cuddle and talk for a little bit, then when we are ready to call it quits, he usually throws an arm over me and off we go.  We have a queen size bed, so we are in close proximity all night long. Mostly because my husband is 6'7" tall.  We used to have a king size bed, and actually hated it, they take up so much room, and I like sleeping fairly close to him, because it's like having your own heat generator in bed with you.  It works out fabulously.  He gets all the bed space he needs, and I get the rest of the house, it works for me.

3. Have you ever had surgery?

Thankfully nothing major.  I had oral surgery when I was 13 to uncover two teeth that had developed in the roof of my mouth.  They were all covered up by bone and skin, and they cut them "open" and then moved them into place.  I can say that was the most horrific painful experience I have ever had.  You can't eat, you can't sleep, you can't sneeze.  It was the longest 18 months of my life.  Then they got them into place and had to turn them around, because they were backwards.  Yeah, if I knew now what I knew then, I would have told them to give me some falsies. 

I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 20, 2 weeks after I got married.  We hadn't originally planned on getting married in December, and the appointment was already scheduled, so I kept it.  That wasn't too bad, I got dry sockets, but once they were fixed up, it was smooth sailing.
4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?

Most years, I'm one of those people everyone hates.  I try to have things wrapped up by my birthday in September.  Every now and then it's later, but I'm typically not still shopping after Halloween at the latest.  This year, has been the exception.

School has taken so much of my time that I haven't put forth much effort this year to get it all done.  Thankfully, I am close to being finished, and I'm planning on knocking out a few more people this weekend.  So that I'm only left with 1-2 to finish up after Thanksgiving.  The later in the year I wait, the more money I end up spending, and the "cheaper" the gifts are.  Usually I watch for stuff on clearance and sales year round, because you can pick up great gifts for so much less than you can when the holidays hit.  I try not to spend more than $200 for my entire family, and I often succeed, and they get really nice stuff.  Clearance racks are my bff when it comes to Christmas shopping and not breaking the bank.

5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be?


A house.

I'm not big into fancy cars or clothes, but if money were no object, I would totally have my dream house built. 

I don't want big, yet I do.  I want an awesome kitchen with tons of cabinets and even more counter space, and a walk in pantry that would make most peoples walk in closets look tiny.  I like things neat and organized and I don't like having to "stack" dishes so that I have room for everything.  I want an island.  I want a glass cook top 6 large burners with a pot filler hose, and double commercial size ovens.  I want a commercial refrigerator.  Because let's face it, if I had my dream house, every family gathering would be held there, because my kitchen would be so full of awesome that everyone would want to hang out there.

I want 3 bedrooms, and 2 baths, and a 2 car garage.  I want an indoor swimming pool, because, I'm pretty sure I'm part fish.  Then I want a shop for my husband that's more like a guest house.  Heating, air, room for all his woodworking tools and lawnmower and other "guy" stuff.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.  You know, just in case.

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy your teeth experience at all, Ouch! I have shopped for presents after Christmas when everything is on sale...the only thing is storing them for a year.

    Your dream house sounds awesome! If you won the lottery, than you could definitely pay for a maid to clean it all too. :) That would be heaven!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...