Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Terrifying Tuesday

Well, my Tuesday didn't start out exactly like I had expected.

I woke up at 6:12 this morning when the electricity went out.  Our bedroom was eerily quiet, and a passing ambulance was louder than usual.

I knew that my husband had not been up for long, but I wasn't worried about him, he is a man, he can take care of himself in the dark.

My bladder screamed that I get up and make a trip to the bathroom.  Because our landlord pays our electricity, and he is notorious for "forgetting" to pay the bill, I looked outside, trying to determine if the power outage was just our house or the surrounding area. 

I lit a candle, while doing the "pee-pee" dance.  How I didn't manage to burn my fingers, clothes, dog, other parts of my body, and dresser is beyond me.  I walk into the bathroom, and there is my husband.  Taking a shower in complete darkness. 

Um, ok. 

So I went back to bed.  I'm laying there, hoping that the electricity comes back on, because how in the world am I going to put makeup on in the dark?

My husband calls the power company to report the outage, and here is were the hilarity begins.

"Power Company.  Are you calling to report the outage?"
"Nope, I just like to call businesses at random early in the morning to see what kind of words of wisdom they can give me before I start my day,"  my husband says.

Good thing I went to the bathroom with a candle, otherwise I might have wet the bed from laughter. 

To bad, that's what he thought about saying after he hung up. 

I guess he didn't want to piss off the people who held our electrical destiny in their hand. 

Maybe it's a good thing that he isn't a pathological smart-ass.  Although, it would have been fun to have put my makeup on by candle light. 

It's probably a good thing he called and not me.  Otherwise I might not have gotten power back until sometime next week.

Today, will live on forever as the day the power went out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...