Sunday, November 21, 2010

4 Days of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for the gift that I have been given in the form of my current (and past few years) living arrangements.

My husband and I live with his grandfather.  It was just supposed to be a temporary thing, yet almost 3 years later, we are still there.  While, I often complain about the expectations that his grandfather has on John and I; I do appreciate the gift that we have.  We don't have to worry about having the money to pay the bills and put food on the table, and frankly it's nice to not have to worry about that.  This arrangement has allowed us to do several things that 4 years ago, we would have never dreamed of as possible. 

I still want my own space, and I will always want that, but right now, I'm going to be thankful that his grandfather is selfless enough to allow us to have this arrangement with him.  I'm thankful that this arrangement has allowed us to witness the importance of preparing for the future, for retirement, and given us the opportunity to get our own financial needs in order.

I'm thankful for this opportunity, and the peace of mind that this arrangement gives me, especially when I'm waiting on college applications and other things to fall into place.

~Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. ~Marsha Norman


~He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...