Monday, June 27, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Let's face it. Who doesn't like to save money?

When we decided to move out of our cheap rent situation with John's grandfather and have rent and utilities (much higher) to pay, we decided that we needed to be a little more frugal. Plus, who would complain about free or cheaper groceries and toiletries? Not me.

So we have decided that we would start trying to do a little extreme couponing ourselves. Under no circumstances do I intend to have 12 bottles of shampoo in a "stockpile". Although I have learned that some stockpiling is necessary in order to get the best deals. You take advantage of the super cheap prices and coupons, so you don't pay lots of money for your stuff. I get that. I don't like it, but I get it.

We have had one shopping trip, at Target, where we saved $24. Between the coupons and the gift cards. That's dinner out one night, and doing that 3 times is a free tank of gas.

Is it a hassle? Absolutely. But either way, I'm sold. It's going to take some getting used to and some serious planning until I get the hang of things. But I think that once I get the hang of it we will be saving (hopefully) a substantial amount of money.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens. What's even more interesting is the fact that my husband will be doing the majority of this while I am going to school in the fall. It's going to be fun teaching him how to find everything.

I'll keep you posted on how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...