Friday, June 24, 2011

5 Question Friday

Thank goodness. I need a weekend to catch up. I need the next two days to finish unpacking. To find a TV base, to clean, to buy groceries. It's going to be crazy busy. But once I'm through unpacking its going to be full. of. awesome.

It's been a long, exhausting week. One I don't care to repeat anytime soon. Just in case you were wondering.

Geez, this week has been busy, but boring. All I've done is unpack, and clean, and unpack and clean. It's like a shampoo bottle, wash, rinse, repeat.

Have a wonderful weekend! Have a garage sale in my honor, then send me the money.




1. What is your current favorite tv show?

We watch way too much TV. I can't pick one favorite, but if I had to narrow it down: CSI and Army Wives. My husband and I had this argument a while back I like all three CSI shows. Yet, they are the same show, just different people. A car is still a car whether it's in Minnesota or Texas. So I say that technically it's only 2 shows, he says it's five. But we all know that I'm right. Unless he wants to sleep on the couch.


2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?

The "Henry" haircut. I was about 4 or so. My grandmother kept telling me about a pixie haircut. To a 4 year old pixie is Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell is cute and sparkly. Sign me up. Well, it was short. Oh my. Short. Like boy short. I took one look in the mirror burst into tears and blurted out the now famous phrase "Just call me Henry!"

Yep, 31 years old and haven't lived that down yet. So now when someone uses a name for a cut or style, I ask for pictures, and a waiver that my hair will look just like that when they are done. Because I'm not paranoid or anything.


3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?

I don't know. I really didn't follow many of the trends. I did my own thing that was so the opposite of what everyone else was doing that it's hard to know where to begin.

I'm still cool, so I'm pretty sure that I never did anything that would embarrass me as an adult. But all the pictures are locked in a safety deposit box and only I have the key and upon my demise all contents are to be burned. Just in case.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?

Coupons. Groupon. Daily Deals. Living Social.

Do things during the off season. You get better prices, better rates, and less crowds. Is it weird? Absolutely. But Disney world isn't as busy in September as it is in June.

But most people can't take advantage of things like that because they have kids and the kids are usually back in school by then. It's a perk.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?

Drive. Think of all the wonderful things that you will miss out on by flying. You see sky and clouds. Driving you can see scenery. Which some might not thing is worth the trouble, but when we drove to Las Vegas a few months ago, it was wonderful to see the beautiful trees around Flagstaff, and the extreme desert of Gallop and Winslow.
 
It was worth the 16 hours it took to get there. We have beautiful pictures and we got to have a lot of wonderful conversations on those drives. It was worth every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...