Friday, June 10, 2011

5 Question Friday

It's been a long week. John's grandfather is probably going back to the nursing home. Permanently. It's been draining.

I'm spending the weekend packing and cooking (so I can pack the kitchen all up and so we have something to eat next week). Wanna come help? I had hoped to just have the garage and kitchen left today, but thanks to a few snags with the grandfather, I haven't got much packing done this week. So this weekend is going to be crazy busy.


1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?


It's about as close as the north pole is to the south pole. I wanted to be a farmer. I'm not a farmer. I'm a bookkeeper/office manager/secretary/receptionist/keeps the office running the way it should so the men don't go crazy.

Some days I would rather be a farmer, other days, well I would rather be married to a bajillionaire and be able to be a lazy bum on a beach somewhere.

Today, I'll just settle for the bookkeeper job.

2. What is one must have item for the summer?

Sandals! When it starts getting warm, my sock drawer goes into hibernation. I've been taken over by the flip flop craze too. I have a couple of pair, but my all time favorites are a part of Grazies (similar to Yellow Box) I swore I would never spend that kind of money on a pair of flip flops. But oh my goodness, they are so comfortable that I wish I had a million pair of the them.

Shorts is another necessity. Considering we spend our summers at 95+ degrees, cool, comfy clothing is a must. Otherwise you melt.

And people popsicles aren't pretty.

3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)

Learning shouldn't ever take a break. I was amazed at how much I had "lost" when I started college. I'm a fan of the year round school. Sure, give them the equivalent of summer breaks, but only for a couple of weeks at a time. Like Christmas Vacation.

My mom didn't make me "keep" up with school. But I loved to read and play games, so my mind was kept active. I didn't start back to school and have to play catch up with what I learned the year before. I also grew up on a farm, and I got real world experience with certain concepts to help keep them fresh in my head.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?

No. But I would like to. Because we haven't lived somewhere where we are able to tear up the backyard and grow a huge garden, its a waste to buy the stuff at the grocery store and attempt to can that. Most of it doesn't taste like it should anyway. Now, when I quit school and moving around and have more time again, I definitely might learn. There are a lot of canned items that I miss from my childhood. Like this relish that my grandmother made with green tomatoes and cantaloupe honey.

Now, I'm hungry.

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?

 
When work is the play for the day, then yes. Otherwise, not always. Just depends on the agenda for the day. I'm not a bounce-out-of-bed-happy-to-be-alive kind of person. At.all. I'm more like a leave-me-alone-until-I've-had-a-shower and you might live to tell about it kind of person.
 
I have getting out of bed and getting to work on time down to a science. It's pathetic. But it's the truth. On the weekend when we don't have something to do, I like to be more leisurely about getting dressed. Saturdays we often have doggies to take to the groomer and other errands to run, so I sleep in, but when I wake up I go take a shower. Sunday's just depends. I'm usually up before my husband and I go take a shower while he steals a few more zzzzz's.
 
 
Have an awesome weekend! Make it even better by come helping us pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...