Friday, June 3, 2011

5 Question Friday

It's been a long week around here! We are moving! Signed the paperwork today! Thankful that some of the pressures are going away. Although I'm sure that there will be new ones pop up. But for now, just the joys of packing and moving.

We have a dinner and a movie date with another couple tonight, and I'm excited. First time in a long time that there are 4 instead of 3. Gives us both someone to talk to.

We are painting and doing a few other "home improvement" jobs at our current home. It's easier while we live there than once we move out. So the next few weeks are going to be busy.

Have a great weekend! If your free, come help me pack!


1. If you had to choose, how would you prefer to choose to spend money...on landscaping or a pool?


A pool. An indoor pool. But a pool none the less. I absolutely love to swim, and I would spend most of my waking hours in the water. Then I would buy lots of tropical plants and it would just be full of awesome. Or I could just win ga-jillions of money and do whatever I wanted.
2. (Scott likes to get things stirred up...) Death penalty, yay or nay?

I know that I should be against this. That whole judgement thing. But I say let the bastards fry. If there is without a doubt proof that they committed the murders or whatever it is that they are condemned to death for, then do it. Give them a year on death row, and then fry them. Don't let them be capable of getting back out on the streets or even influencing "new" criminals into following in their footsteps.
3. What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?

Well, I know better than to leave a child alone. But here is a funny story about my father and my niece. Sophie was about 2-3 and she was potty training. She could go to the potty at my parents house alone, but after a few minutes someone was supposed to check on her. Well, after 10-15 minutes my dad realized that he hadn't seen her in a while, and got up to look for her.

Right about now you are realizing that she has probably done something that she shouldn't have. And wouldn't have if my father hadn't been left home alone with her.

Well, she discovered the diaper rash cream (which my mom uses like Windex, and thinks that it will cure just about anything.) She proceeded to cover herself, the sink, the vanity and a few hand prints on the wall with the cream. And you know that stuff repels water. So he tried to give her a bath to get it off. And made it worse. When my mom got home, it took her 20 minutes to be able to stop laughing long enough to tell my father how to clean it up. It was priceless.
4. How often do you REALLY go to the dentist?

I plead the 5th.

I never minded going until about 10 years ago. I went for a routine cleaning and the hygienist cut my gum up pretty bad. And then wanted to blame it on me.

I went a few times last year (only because I thought I had a cavity). I need to go more often. I should go more often. But I don't like it. And I probably won't.

5. What is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)?

Probably a dog and a close 2nd would be a polar bear. My husband loves polar bears. They are his favorite animal. And his addiction has rubbed off on me. And do you know that in West Texas polar bear decorations and figurines are hard to find. They are mostly associated with Christmas around here. Which is strange. Because I'm pretty sure that they are around all the time.

Have a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...