Friday, June 17, 2011

5 Question Friday

It's been a long week. I just haven't been feeling the words so this week was post light. I have a couple of good ones for you next week, and some changes to announce.

This weekend is going to be crazy busy. We are starting to move tonight after work and finishing things up (hopefully) early in the morning. John's grandfather is going back to the nursing home for a 2 week stay in order to get some rehab that will help him regain some strength that will allow him to continue to live home alone. As of today, it's not completely and totally my problem, and we are gladly handing the majority of the reins back to his son, John's father.

I'm taking the day off work to wait on the internet and cable guy, as well as work on unpacking. Since most of our stuff has been in storage for 3 years, there will be lots of washing and cleaning going on. If you want to come help, I am taking volunteers.

Good news is, we have both agreed that there is so much that we don't really need and can get rid of, so we will be having a yard sale/craigslist posting bonanza as soon as we get all the boxes unpacked and sorted out.

Have a fun weekend! If you are bored, feel free to stop by my house. I'll won't turn the free labor down.



1. What is your favorite summer time activity?


Swimming. There is nothing better than getting in the cool water on a hot (108 here yesterday) day! It is absolutely amazing.

I'm pretty sure that I could live in the water. I think I was part fish at birth, but they cut my fins off, and gave me lungs instead of fins. Must have been a mix up at the factory that day.

Swimming is relaxing, and fun and I love it. If someone would build me my dream house and put me in an indoor pool, I would be in heaven.

And probably unemployed because I wouldn't want to get out of the water to go to work. Maybe I can get my boss to build a pool in place of a desk, then they could pay me to swim and work.
2. Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever's on sale?

I'm a Tide girl. I have to be very careful with switching around soaps of any kind. I get the wrong one and I get a itchy, scratchy, rash that itches, and burns and make me just plain miserable.

So I stick with Tide.

I'm not loyal to one particular version, but we usually get the coldwater or the febreeze. We are getting more into couponing and trying to save money, and so that might change, or I might just be that crazy person that buys like 12 of them when they are on sale.
3. What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?

We do a lot more grilling in the summer than we do in the winter. Although a little snow doesn't deter us. but there isn't one thing that we particularly make only during the summer.

We aren't picky. Food isn't seasonal. Except watermelon.
4. Do you have any talents?

I'm fluent in sarcasm. And while I'm telling you what a moron you are I can crochet you a sweater, cross stitch you a sampler and cook you a gourmet meal.

But I'm sticking with sarcasm.

I actually have quite a few. I can (haven't in years) play the piano, the clarinet and change a flat tire. But I can't do any of it without sarcasm.

5. If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be? Why?

Can I change my answer to sarcasm?
 
The list is long and numerous. I would love to have a lot of knowledge about a variety of things, but an actual expert in one subject is a no go.
 
But if I had to narrow it down to 2 things, I want to know what a veterinarian knows and what a doctor knows. Save me the hassle with both.
 
And I can still be sarcastic. It's a win-win situation.

1 comment:

  1. Moving is so not fun! Yucky! Good Luck!!!!
    I'm following you from 5Q Friday:-)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...