Friday, July 1, 2011

5 Question Friday

Happy Independence Day! If you live in Texas we aren't celebrating with fireworks this year! So I don't have to listen to my neighbors pop fireworks until 2am this year! WoooHoooo!!!!!! Sometimes droughts are a good thing.

Unfortunately this weekend is like Black Friday. It's my husband's busiest weekend of the year. I'm pretty sure that when we got to bed tonight I won't see him again until sometime Tuesday. He comes in when I'm in bed and goes to work before even the chickens think about getting up. With no fireworks shin-dig at the farm this year, I'll be just hanging out at home. I'm going to go do a little shopping. I need some curtains that match our bedroom, a birthday gift for my bestest girlfriend, and a few food related items. Otherwise I will be cleaning, unpacking (yes, we are still not done), and getting stuff ready for the yard sale (YUCK), that unfortunately I think is inevitable.

Have a beautiful weekend.
PS. I actually have a couple of posts for next week. Who knew taking the pressure off would let me come up with stuff to talk about.

1. If you had the opportunity to bungee jump, would you?


Absolutely...NOT!

I see no point in finding out if elastic and gravity still work. I figure if my underwear doesn't fall off my butt that elastic is good, and I'm walking around not floating that gravity is good too.

I heard this once, and it describes how I feel about this situation PERFECTLY. "I entered this world because of a broken rubber, I'm not leaving because of one."
2. Would you rather go to the movie theater or to the drive-in?

Well, since I have never been to the drive in I can't comment. But probably the movie theater. Less bugs + more air conditioning = a happier me.

Although the idea would be fun of the drive in. But ours here does double features. And since it doens't get dark enough for them to start the first movie until 10, it's like midnight when #2 starts. My parents went a few weeks ago, and they had a 45 minute drive home afterwards, and it was like 3am when they got home. Uh yeah, they would be coming to tap on our window to wake us up to go home.

3. Do you have your groceries delivered?

Nope, mostly because it isn't an option where I live.

But if it was. I would absolutely take advantage. I hate going to the grocery store. I absolutely loathe it. I would rather have a root canal.

Plus think about how much cheaper it would be without all those things that were "calling your name".
4. Eyebrows: Do you wax, thread, pluck, or stay au naturel?

Hello, my name is Abby and I have a unibrow. (Thanks Gangie.)

My eyebrows are a little wild. I typically pluck and shave. They have these awesome little razors that are specifically made for your eyebrows. They work wonders, then I pluck the strays. Because I have a ton of strays. Sometimes I think that my eyebrows are like growing a patch, because I pluck them from other areas around my eye, besides the brow area.

I would wax if it wasn't so expensive. But the cheapest place here charges $15. And I can shave and pluck for almost free.

5. Would the people you went to high school with be surprised by your life today?

I figure a few would. I had big plans to be a farmer. Actually I really wanted to go to college, but they all probably thought I would never get married (yet I was one of the first out of my class) and that if I did, he would be a farmer, not a city boy.
 
But for the most part, I think that they would be jealous. Because I'm just so super cool like that.
 
 
Have a Happy Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...