Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Public Service Announcement

Dear Lubbock Drivers,

I realize that you, like myself are just trying to get from point A to point B intact, and in a reasonable amount of time. You would like to avoid any accidents, fender benders, heavy traffic and flat tires.

However, your driving skills are sadly lacking. You pull out in front of me, causing me to slam on my breaks, swerve into another lane to avoid hitting you, and then you have the nerve to give me the #1 driver award. You text, you talk on your cell phone, and you have little regard for those people around you. You speed around me, doing well above the posted speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic. You run red lights. You have little disregard for other drivers on the road; we are simply an inconvenience, and something that must be eliminated from your path.

If your stupidity were to cause an accident that was to end my life, my family wouldn’t care that you were running late to work, or to pick up your kids, or to the grocery store. I wouldn’t care either. My life would have been cut short, because you are in a hurry, and you are trapped in your own little bubble worrying about your family and your kids.

What about my family? They would feel my loss just as much as your family would. Would you like for the cops to show up on your doorstep and tell your children that the no longer have a mother or a father, because of a careless driver? It would devastate your family, as it would mine. My life isn’t anymore or any less valuable than yours.

So next time that you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, think about saving a life and watching the road, allowing plenty of time to reach your destination, the life you save, just might be your own.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...