Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Days are Numbered

One week. That's all the time I have left. I'm not sure if I should be thrilled or disappointed. In one week, less stressed, more relaxed, more free time me disappears until December as I go...BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

Part of me is thrilled, part of me is dreading it. Because let's face it, I could live with learning the stuff, but less homework. Less stress. More of a life. So much of last semester was a blur that I honestly don't remember it. And I'm afraid that much of this semester will be the same. There are classes I'm looking forward to and classes I dread.

I'm looking forward to taking one more step towards a degree and the life that I want. Yes, I realize that my plans may not coincide with the plans that God has lined out for me, but I still feel like I'm where I should be, doing what I need to be doing. I still feel like I'm doing the right thing.

It's hard to believe that it has snuck up on me like this. I have started having the butterflies again. I felt so lost the first few days of classes because I felt like I was so old and out of my league. But now, well, now there are familiar faces in the crowd. Now there are familiar hallways and offices and rooms that helped me gain confidence in myself. And if worse comes to worse there is that GPA that makes me proud of my first semester of college, of school in 13 years. I can do it. I will do it. I can do anything I make up my mind too, as long as I want it bad enough.

Sure, there are things that aren't done, like unpacking, cleaning up the garage, a stocked freezer of food so my husband doesn't have to worry about dinner. My Scentsy Party details lined up and ironed out, and Christmas shopping. I still have a week, so there is hope for some of that. But not all of that, I don't want to be all stressed out about all that other stuff before I start school. So, we are taking a what happens, happens mentality and what doesn't, will be worried about over my Christmas break. This may be the year of the gift cards.

So ready or not, Texas Tech, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...