Friday, August 5, 2011

5 Question Friday

This is one of those weird Friday's when I wish it was Monday already. I'm having a garage sale tomorrow, and I'm so not looking forward to that. I have screwed around all week and haven't gotten things ready and I finally started on it last night, and well, let's just say it's going to be a long night and probably early morning getting everything ready. I already feel a nap coming on.

But if your in Lubbock, come see me. Just look for the ad on craigslist or in the AJ that has Precious Moments in it. There are too many weirdos in internet land for me to give you my exact address. Be a stalker, look it up. Tell your boss your doing "research".

Wish me luck. If I don't post Monday, I might not have survived the weekend.

1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?


I have a step sister and no, we aren't close. We are totally different and have totally different views on everything. We don't always get along, but we try.

It would be nice to have a better relationship with her, but we are both so different that it couldn't really work out. I haven't talked to her or heard from her since January. Ouch.


2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?

Under. Simply because it's so much easier to gain weight than it is to lose weight.

Plus it's a vanity thing, people don't make fun of you for being underweight. they worry about whether or not you have been sick, about whether or not you have something wrong with you. When your over weight people assume that your lazy, that you eat donuts and double cheeseburgers by the case. They don't think that there might be some possibility that you have something wrong with your body too.

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?

Cotton Candy. I realize that technically it isn't food, but I buy bags of the stuff when we go to the fair. Bags. Then I ration. Then I usually end up throwing a bag away because it shrinks down into a hard ball of sugar before I eat it because I was rationing.

We usually try to have a turkey leg, cheese on a stick, and a wonder bar. Preferably a cheesecake wonderbar. Because let's face it, cheesecake dunked in chocolate, then rolled in nuts, is just full of awesome.
4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?

Wait, listen. Listen very, very carefully. Do you hear that? It's the angels singing a Hallelujah chorus and parents jumping around in joy. And it's me, bored at work, with my brain fried rejoicing that in a mere 19 days I will no longer be bored at work. I will be back to school. How freaking awesome is that?

I'm such a nerd. But I'm cute. So that balances things out.
5. Pool or Ocean?

Uh...both. But I only like to look at the ocean and experience the beach. I don't swim in it. Period. When I can't see the bottom, of the ocean that's where I stop walking in. There are things that swim in the ocean with large, sharp teeth that look at me and think..."Hmmmm, snack time!" I don't want to know if the pretty little fishy, that I.can't.see. is looking at my feet thinking, "I wonder if she is sweet, or if she is tough, she looks tender, with all that fat. Let's nibble on a toe and find out." No thank you.

Pools. I love to swim. I could live in a pool. You know, if it had a restaurant, potty, bed and office. There aren't creatures in there that eat me and see me as a potential snack. Although, thanks to a few bad sunburns over the years, and my aversion to 100+ degree weather. I like indoor pools so much better than outdoor pools.

So when I win the lottery, I will just build me a house on the beach with an indoor pool, so I can have the best of both worlds.


Have a Fun weekend! Have a garage sale in my honor. I'll send you my address so you know where to send the proceeds.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the garage sale! I've seen pictures of houses on the ocean cluffs with pools in the back yard....it looked totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of building an indoor pool at the beach! Of course I would want to keep the sand from getting on me, so can you figure out how to incorporate that too? Have a great weekend and good luck with your yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the garage sale....I find them a pain, but I'm always glad I've done them....afterwards!

    I'm a new follower from 5 Question Friday stopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...