Friday, January 28, 2011

5 Question Friday

This week has been full of insanity, sleep deprivation, and lots of homework.  I'm still alive, still sane, well sorta.  I'm ready for the weekend.  Although no big plans, just writing papers, and reading, and business calculus homework.  And wait, it gets better - grocery shopping.  Must have food.  I can almost list on one hand the stuff to eat in our fridge.  I could use several if I counted the stuff that was in various stages of science experiments.  I keep hoping that I will find a groove and can get things a little less hectic.  Right now it's not too bad, but unfortunately, tests and quizzes are fixing to get added to the mix, so the fun is just beginning.

So let's start the fun off with a rousing round of 5 Question Friday!  WooHoo!!

1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?


Probably Susan G. Komen.  My grandmother, and an Aunt have both had breast cancer.  Unfortunately with the odds, someone else in my family will suffer from this disease in my lifetime.  Unless those odds change.  The next charity that I would donate to is one that helps families who can't afford to adopt a child on their own, pay for some of the legal expenses involved, so that they can have the child that they so desperately desire.
Or if you feel the need, you can send the money to me, for the Real Name college fund.  Remember I'm anonymous, but my college tuition sure isn't.

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?

I usually love them.  It's a day at home that means I can get stuff done around the house that usually attempts to get done on the weekend, and usually fails miserably.  Now that I have gone back to school, absolutely.  I would love a day off, no new homework, and an extra day to catch up. 


3. What talent did you wish you had and why?

I have two.  I have always wanted to be able to paint.  I don't want to be the next Van Gogh, mostly because I'm a girl, but I have no desire to be famous, just capable of painting.  I can draw sadistic little cartoons.  That often need explanations so that you know what they are.  My most recent cartoon character is the Homework Eliminator.  He kicks homework's butt and takes names.  Armed with a pocket protector and a laptop he fights evil homework and makes the world a less smart place.

I also would love to be able to sing.  Once again, not professionally, just a decent voice.  One that wouldn't embarrass me to sing in front of others, if I would puke first.
4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?

D. None of the above.  I get on a news watching kick.  I'm not to crazy about politics, they mostly bite, and celebrities, are just ding-bats with money.  I don't care what they are doing or how they are getting thrown in jail, or about Snookie.  Just for the record - who is Snookie?  They were talking about her on the bus this morning.  And just for the record, I don't know who Justin Beiber (spelling??) is either. 

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)

Margaritas.  And Strawberry daiquiri's.  I've also been trying out different wines and trying to find one of those that I like.  I'm not too crazy if it has an "alcohol" taste.  I'm not too crazy about beer.  I won't drink an entire one by myself, but I will have a few swigs of my husband's because you never know what you will find that you like.


Thanks Mama!  Have a fantastic weekend!  Can you believe that January is almost over?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...