Thursday, January 27, 2011

Abby's State of the Union

I figured that since Mr. President can get on TV and tell lies that I could get on my blog and, well not tell lies.  So here is the state of my union.

1. I promise that I will attempt to blog more.  More good posts, less school posts.  Give me some time for the new to wear off, and then I won't think it's so awesome.

2.  Just found out a guy I work with has Mono.  Oh joy!  Now they think that I'm crazy because I'm using disinfectant on everything.  Must avoid him at all costs.

3.  I have lost 7.4 pounds in 3 weeks.  I bought 2 pair of jeans before I started school, and they are bigger than I would like for them to be.  All that walking around in sub-zero temperatures is apparently paying off.

4.  I'm not feeling stressed, not feeling overwhelmed, I'm just feeling good.  I'm happy, and I feel so much better than I have about so many things in my life than I have in months.  I debated about whether or not Tech and traditional college was the route I needed to take, and now, I know that it was. 

5.  I'm talking to strangers.  I don't do that.  It's not me.  I have talked to at least 1 person I don't know everyday all week.  At least thus far.  I haven't been to school yet today, but I plan on doing it again today.

6.  I have managed to "let go" of things a little better.  Thankfully my husband cleans the house up to my standards, so I'm not feeling like I need to re-do that.  However at work, things are different.  Our temp has a different way of doing things, and it makes me crazy.  Different isn't bad, it's just different.  And apparently I'm a control freak.  I guess after the talking to strangers, I'll work on being less of a control freak. 

7.  I'm so annoyed with whatever is giving me grief on logging into the websites that allow me access to my homework.  I spent over an hour last night trying to get in to one, about 10 minutes before bedtime, it let me in.  I am switching to a different Internet provider, and hoping that will help.

8. There was serious speculation from my friends that I was addicted to Facebook and Farmville.  They will be proud to know that I'm lucky if I log in most days, and I'm not really missing it.  The only time I miss it is when I'm at work.

9.  I like all my classes but 1.  Out of 5 that's not a bad deal.  The nerd in me is loving this.  I could seriously get paid to take classes. 

10.  I'm trying to stay on top of things, and keep my husband on top of things too.  That is hard to do, I wanted him to help pick up the slack, but he has the memory of a goldfish.  I have went through and wrote all the pay bills on date in my planner.  Just don't trust him to remember to pay them yet, mostly because I'm the one who has done it for the 11.2 years we have been married.

11.  I signed up for Twitter, and I can't get it to work on my phone.  I'm apparently a control freak, and technologically challenged as well.

12.  I signed up for a Facebook page for this blog, but haven't finished designing my button (mostly because I don't know how).  I apparently need to call my 13 year old nephew and have him explain it all to me again.

Hmm, I wonder if Mr. President learned anything about himself when he did the State of the Union address.  I learned that I'm a control freak and technologically challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...