Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I don't Understand

This is just a random list of things that have absolutely made no sense to me whatsoever in the last week.

After the first couple happened in the short time frame, I knew I had to keep a list.

You're Welcome.

These are in no particular order.

1. My boss wants to make a copy of some drawings, there are 6 pages. Instead of placing them in the feeder, he does each one individually on the glass. I could have made him 4 sets of copies by the time he made one.

2. I was running late to school today, I left the house about 10 minutes later than usual. So when I arrived at my destination I should have been 10 minutes later than usual. Instead I walk into the classroom at 7:46. I don't get there that early when I leave on time.

3. A co-worker whines that he has no money. His rent, utilities, cell phone and salary are all paid by the company we both work for. He pays for his truck, groceries, internet and cable. If that's all I paid for I'd have lots of money.

4. My husband has been unemployed for almost a month. He doesn't have any real hobbies (at least ones that he can do in the house, like hunting). So other than job searching and a few additional chores around the house he hasn't done much. I'm surprised he isn't crazy. Him being at home with no paycheck is making me crazy.

5. I'm cooking dinner for my mom for her birthday on Saturday. Although her birthday is officially tomorrow, I'm doing everything Saturday, because between work and school we wouldn't be eating until Midnight if I did it tomorrow. So I called her yesterday and wanted her to tell me what she wanted fixed for dinner. After an unbelievable amount of time she finally hem-hawed around to picking something out. It's just food. That you don't have to cook. Don't annoy the daughter person.

6. Telemarketers. We get a ton of these people calling at work to "save us money". They don't realize that half of the time I don't listen to their spiel because I'm busy doing homework. Yet, when we politely tell them 'no, thank you', they can't just walk away. They continue to push and haggle with us that their service is better or longer lasting. Yet to get that price we have to buy 4+ cartridges of toner. Um, I've worked here almost 4 years. We have replaced the toner twice. The last replacement was about 2 months ago. I'm pretty sure that 4 cartridges won't last 10 years, which is approximately how long it would take us to use them. Heck, it would probably be at least 18 months before we even needed the next one.

7. I love professors who give you reviews and tons of information about what is going to be on upcoming tests. Then you don't walk it and get your exam and wonder if you are in the right place. Because that feeling and failing grade sucks. However, we are college students. As an older 32 year old, I hate that we are babied. The real world doesn't work that way. Your boss isn't going to care if you stayed up until 2 am partying and the guy next to you has spent the last week working on the project. I want the grade I earned, not the flashbacks to high school. It's about time someone treated college students about how the real world works. Let them, and us earn the grade we earn.

8. Whoever made up world problems should be shot, buried, then dug up and shot again, just for good measure. I do great with numbers. But company A does such and such with 2000 and they had this much here and that much there and here's some information that you don't know what it has to do with anything but they are going to randomly throw it in there just to make you crazy. Bastard.  I understand numbers. Not words with numbers. It's either one or the other people, not both.

9. What's up with the not sleeping through the night? I would imagine that stress has something to do with it. But it's making me tired and grumpy. And when I'm tired and grumpy the high point of my day typically involves killing someone or something. So Mr. Sandman, would you please pay me a visit, every night. Please. Because this waking up to look at the clock several times in the middle of the night is really pissing me off.

And last, but certainly not least:

10. Sometimes I'm reminded about how much people can change. How life experiences and life in general can change our lives. I'm sad because it means that I've lost my friend that I knew, yet at the same time, I wonder if perhaps neither one of us were ever the people we thought we were in high school. 14 years is a long time. A lot can happen. A lot has, a lot still will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...