Friday, February 10, 2012

5 Question Friday

Here lately when I type in the address to bring me to my blog my fingers keep hitting "40" instead of "30". I wonder if that's the universe reminding me that I'm getting old. Or if it is just bad typing skills when not using the numeric keypad.

It's been a long week. The hubs still doesn't have a job. We are hoping for an offer next week. He has interviewed with several companies. I'm trying not to worry too much about it. I'm trying to be thankful that we have some money saved that will buy us some time. We also have plans that will start being implemented towards the end of next week if he hasn't gotten a job. Like adding a roommate to help with paying the rent and utilities. It's not the ideal situation, but it's better than moving.

Tomorrow we will celebrate the life of my husband's cousin's wife, Diane that passed away earlier this week. It broke my heart to know that she would have been 32 the end of the month. Her life was so very, very short. More on that next week. I have an interesting thought process that I had the other morning. Which we will blame on a lack of sleep, and too much homework.

1. How often do you shave your legs in the winter?

I'm one of those crazy, weird people. I shave every.single.day. Rain or shine, sickness or health. My legs are removed of hair each day. My armpits are a whole 'nother story.
 
See, I have super sensitive skin, and shaving my under arms on a daily basis, I'm pretty sure that after day 3 I would die from the agony.
 
They itch, they hurt, I get razor burn or something else, that is just unnatural. So I only shave those when I can feel the hairs when I'm taking a shower, it comes out to about every 3-4 days.
 
I know that right now your thinking that is tons of hair, but amazingly so, I was blessed with sparseness in that area. I hope the older I get, the balder my arm pits get. That would be a bonus.

2. Valentine's Day cards for your spouse: funny or romantic?

Here's the deal. We often don't do cards for Valentine's Day. And the cards usually depend on how things have been going in our relationship. If we are having lots of fun and been on a goofy kick, we lean more towards the funny.

However, if we haven't been seeing each other, or if we have been really busy, we put more effort into the cards and what they say, and what we want to convey.

This year - the only Valentine he is getting is one written on the mirror. But I do have plans for an awesome dinner planned. Since we can't really afford to go out to eat to some where extravagant.

 
3. What are you most looking forward to about spring?

The warmer weather. The green brown that will continue through the spring thanks to the drought. I love the flowers, the birds chirping, the return of flip flops and capri's.

I love the pastel colors. I just love it all.

4. What's your favorite way to pamper yourself?

Not do homework. Read. Take a bubble bath. Take a nap on a random afternoon. I'm not much on pedicures or massages.

New clothes helps too. Usually because I'm cheap, hate to shop, and rarely buy new clothes.
 

5. Does your tax return go into savings or do you spend it instantly?
 
The last couple of years we have used our tax return for other purchases. Not instantly. We bought some new furniture last year, and part of the money went towards that. This year we had plans for some of our return, but not all of it.
 
We were going to take care of a few things that we have been neglecting to get done. Like a diagnostic on my car for a sensor issue. A 2nd TV in our house, so that my husband could have a man cave while I studied, but then I ended up turning his man cave into my office, where I study. So yeah. Maybe I hadn't thought that through completely.
 
With the jobless husband situation our tax return may go to help pay the bills. I hope not, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to avoid moving in with the parents or the inlaws.
 
Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...