Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

Today my blog celebrates it's 1st birthday. I'll wait while you blow out the candle.

Slightly more than a year ago (don't judge today is my actual birthday) I started this blog. I wanted to have somewhere normal to write things that the entire would would see, and ultimately treasure. Well, I'm pretty sure that the entire world hasn't seen it, or ultimately treasured it yet, but they will. I'm just cool like that.

Typically my birthday's involve me feeling sorry for myself as I contemplate being another year older with, realistically nothing to show for it. This year, however, I can't seem to feel sorry for myself at all. Last year was easy, it was the big 3-0. You know, I'm ancient now, just ask my 9 year old niece.

Instead as I look back on the past year, I'm amazed at how differently things are, at how different my perspective is. Nothing drastic happened in the last year, but instead of starting more chapters, I ended up closing a few. Closure, it's a beautiful thing.

I have gotten to chase a dream, one that I will finish a portion of in December. I have gotten to spend time with family celebrating a life. I have gotten to meet some of my amazing husband's family. I have witnessed a friend's amazing strengh and endurance. I have rescued and been rescued by a dog. I have found peace with other areas of my life that I have struggled with.

It's certainly not 30 things, but it's beautiful none the less. As much as I have hated the mountains of homework, and the tears. Every single moment was worth it.

So today, as I look forward to what the next year will bring, I'm excited. While I don't know what the next year will bring, I do know that certain aspects of it, don't look so bleak. The only thing that bothers be about the future is the expense of anti-wrinkle cream.

Happy Birthday Abby! May all your birthday wishes come true! (just pretend like some loyal follower left this in the comment section. You guys won't leave them, so now I'm forced to write the posts and the comments too.)

~The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~Lucille Ball

~Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened. ~Jennifer Yane

~We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it. ~Author Unknown

~Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier. ~Dan Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...