Friday, February 25, 2011

5 Question Friday

I'm so glad that this week is over.  Although it is hard to believe that when I do this next week it will be March.  Hello?!! Wasn't Christmas just a week or so ago?

I have a fun filled weekend planned. I'm going to write papers, and read, and do Economics homework. Doesn't that just sound like every person's fantasy weekend?  Or, you know, not.

I met with my business calculus tutor last night, and didn't go to bed until almost midnight, tired, doesn't even begin to describe out I feel.  I try not to stay up past 11 studying, because let's face it, zombie me is worse off than slightly rested me.

I'm going to the grocery store and work on homework this weekend.  I'm just living the dream. (Insert lots and lots of sarcasm here.)



1. Can you drive a stick shift?

Yep, because I grew up with a grandfather that wouldn't let me get my driver's license until I could check all the fluids and add any necessary ones, change a flat tire, and drive every vehicle we owned.  So I learned how to drive a stick shift, because his pickup was a standard, and so were most of the tractors. I would imagine that not many people were required to pass a tractor driving test with a grandfather before taking one with a cop.  Trust me, the cop test was easier.

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?

I'm not a real picky eater. So I eat stuff that most people don't.  Like Brussels sprouts.  I don't like beets and turnips.  I'm not really crazy about green olives, but I will eat them on pizza and in pasta salad.  But beets and turnips.  Not a chance.

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?

No.  I'm not really cracked up about little girls being made into cookies. But no, I don't buy them, only cause I don't know any little girl that sells them, and then I could be suckered into it. Because I'm a sucker when my nieces or nephews are selling stuff like that.
4. How do you pamper yourself?

Take a nap. I guess the only thing that I really do is get my nails done. When I'm tired, I chew on my nails.  I know it's a nasty habit, but when I'm tired it's what I do.  This would probably be a question to ask my husband more so than myself. I don't really think that I do much more than that, but I could be in denial.
5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?

My mom calls me ND. Because those are my initials.  First and middle anyway.  Shocking I know. My husband calls me honey.  We were really original.  Creative. I'm not sure how I got stuck with either one. Thankfully I don't have a nickname that is associated with something stupid that I did. I had a friend in high school, whose brothers nickname was Goob, because at some point, he had thought it was a good idea to stick peanuts up his nose. Enter trip to the ER, when he couldn't get them out.  So thankfully I'm not a Goob.
 
 
Have a Happy Friday

2 comments:

  1. Great Answers! Love your blog...you have such a FUN Attitude!
    I'm a new follower.
    Amy's Life @
    www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, "Abby Normal" or should I say "ND." Congrats on your decision to return to school at 30. I just finished nursing school (after 40) and returned to the workforce after a 12-year hiatus. It gets crazy at times, but I found that I felt a lot more "experienced" if you will than some of the "traditional" babes just out of high school. Everyone should have a grandpa with a tractor to test drive before taking the "plunge" with the dept of public safety! It's refreshing to hear that someone in the world actually loves their job. Good luck with your studies. I checked out some of your recipes. Can't wait to try the taco casserole. -E (that's my nickname)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...