Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello, my name is....

Hello, my name is Abby, and I'm addicted to....it's just so awful, I can't say it. I can't!

It's true. I know it's shocking, but think about how I felt, discovering I was an addict. It's a scary lonely feeling. One that I haven't even openly admitted to myself that there was a problem, until today. I can't hide the truth any longer.

I'm addicted.

I was avoiding doing anything productive at work, and was checking out a few of the blogs that I read today for updates. Actually for new recipes, because our menu needs some major CPR. Most of the blogs I follow are all big time bloggers. They get paid, and they are at the Blogher conference in New York City. Lucky bastards. Someday that will be me, I'll be some bigtime blogger and people will hang onto my every word and I can go spend 5 glorious days in New York City. But, until then... But I digress.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, CPR and recipes.

I was looking for something gourmet, yet not weird enough that my husband and I won't eat it. And I popped on over to Ree at The Pioneer Woman , she is giving away this absolutely gorgeous purple pot. If you wait for it, the pictures will scroll across her homepage. If you look today. If not, look at that cute little butterfly border at the bottom. Do you see it? Well, the placement of said pan and the placement of the butterflies, made me think that the pan had butterflies on it, and forget trying to win it. I was buying that puppy. So I clicked over to the giveaway area and started researching how to win it. Needless to say I was disgusted that it was missing the butterflies, but thought I would take a gander at the website that the purple pan could be found on. Oh My Goodness!!

Can we say cooking heaven? Would it be tacky to email my wish list to all my friends and family and tell them that all birthday and Christmas gifts MUST be purchased from here or they will be disowned? Maybe disowned is a little harsh, perhaps, ignored, their prescense ripped from my life forever is a little less harsh.

I started browsing, and decided I would start putting things I have no intention of purchasing today in my cart. Holy smokes batman. I'm not even halfway through and I have like, well lets just say A LOT of money in that cart. There are things that I'm amazed that I have been able to cook at all without. There are things that are just plain cool, things that are just plain wicked, and they are things that I need. They are like air, I can no longer cook properly without them. I wonder if my husband would be mad if I cleaned out our savings, checking, and maxed out several credit cards to fund this little endeavor?

I don't think he would. In fact I can guarantee that he won't mind eating ramen noodles for a few months. Or living without hot water. Those things are of a minute importance in the grand scheme of things. Right?

So let's try this one more time.

Hello, my name is Abby, and I'm addicted to...cooking gadgets and gizmo's, and pots and pans, cookbooks and recipes, I do like them, Abby I am.

Now I'm off to search for recipes, hopefully I won't be distracted by purple pans with butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...