Friday, December 30, 2011

5 Question Friday

Hi! I know I've been MIA for a while, I've been trying to find my groove with writing blog posts that aren't horrific. Good news is that this morning I spent the better part of an hour editing posts that I had written a while back (some of them a couple of years ago right after I started the blog), so you will have actual posts. Like 3 + weeks of posts. Scary right.

We have no big plans for New Years. My husband went to the doctor yesterday for as sore throat, (and they swabbed him, bet he won't complain about that again). Thankfully no strep, instead he has pneumonia. Yet they are letting him stay at home. So I'm going to make him sit around and be a bum so that hopefully he can get rid of this gunk.

Have a Happy New Year!!

1. What's the oldest piece of clothing in your closet?
Hmmm, I have a couple of shirts that I bought 5+ years ago. There is a box out in the garage that has some dresses and stuff that don't fit that I just refuse to get rid of from when my husband and I first got married. I'm hoping that those become a regular in my closet sooner rather than later. If the number on the scale stays the same, these clothes are going to go to goodwill next summer. I'm tired of the boxes sitting in my garage taking up space.

2. How many random blog readers have you met?

Not a single solitary one. But I only have like 20 readers, unless you count my husband, and then I live with him. I guess I could make up something here and lie, so I'm going to say I've met at least 200 readers, and they all love me. : )

3. Do you let your kids stay up till midnight on New Years Eve? (Or, if you don't have kiddos yet, did you get to stay up until midnight as a child?)

My mom let me stay up. She wasn't a stickler for bedtimes on the weekends or holiday breaks. I could stay up until 3am and sleep until noon if I wanted too. And during the summer, I did. Now, we barely make it to midnight. Although, the last few months I find ourselves still up at 3am on a Saturday night. We get busy trying to cram something into our day that we end up staying up and sleeping in. And skipping out on church. Oops.

4. What are the gas prices where you live?

Gas this morning at the Wally World was 2.91. They are still doing the 10 cents off  if you get a gift card at the store closest to our house, so if you go through all of that hassle it's actually 2.81. I'll take it. However, my parents live in a small town 45 minutes away, and gas there is between 3.10 and 3.19 for unleaded.

5. What is one resolution that you know you should do but are too afraid to try?
 
I found this blog, totally by accident (and apparently I didn't save the link) and this family is giving up their TV for a year. Sunday their cable will be canceled and there tv's will all be locked in storage for a year. They are trying to bring their family closer together as well as hopefully be more proactive in some behavior changes that they would like to implement in their children's attitude. The only TV that they will have access to is one computer that is capable of playing DVD's.
 
While I have no desire to give up tv completely, I wouldn't mind giving it up a couple of days a week. Because having less time to watch tv, I would cut out quite a bit that I don't really care if I watch or not. I would be able to watch only the stuff I love, like CSI, The Pioneer Woman, and Criminal Minds. My husband is a complete TV-aholic and I can't imagine him giving up his TV time, say 2 nights a week. He drove me crazy that it took us 2 weeks to get our tv set up and working when we moved. He whined (sorry babe, but you did), and whined and whined about finding the stand so that we could get it set up. It's a miracle that he lived through it. It's a miracle that I lived through it. Tv, I could live without, but radio, Ipod, laptop. I'm not sure if I could survive without those or not.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...