Monday, February 8, 2010

Book Review: The Long Way Home

I have taken on a new little project. Reviewing books. A friend set me up with doing it, and this is my first review. As I read the books I will be posting a review here as well as several other places. So for the 3 people who read this blog, enjoy the reviews.

The Long Way Home is the second book in the Homelander series that continues to follow Charlie West. Charlie woke up one day and an entire year of his life was completely gone. He had no memory of the events of the past year; the murder of his friend, his association with the Homelanders, or falling in love with the girl of his dreams. Andrew Klavan has does a great job of pulling you in and keep you guessing until the end. I was surprised to find that I enjoyed this book as much as I did. Klavan does an amazing job of writing to a young adult as well as a 30-something. He throws in “life lessons” that we all need to be reminded of from time to time; believing in yourself, having faith, and the power of friends. There are twists and turns and surprising revelations by Charlie as he searches for the truth and for the year he lost. This is an amazing tale of having faith and believing in yourself. I am looking forward to continuing reading the rest of the books in this series. This book was provided by Thomas Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...